Case against man accused of strangling Beach mom goes to grand jury
Virginia Beach, Va. – The case against Jamiel Graves is moving forward to the grand jury in Virginia Beach.
He’s accused of strangling the mother of his two children, Mandi Meyers.
Today in court, a detective testified about what Graves told police.
Graves is charged with murdering his ex-girlfriend, Mandi Myers, in November of last year.
Myers’ sister found her body in a closet.
Graves is also charged in the death of his neighbor in Norfolk, Phylicia Robinson.
Graves’ mother found Robinson’s body in Jamiel’s closet after Robinson had been missing for weeks.
Graves and Robinson lived on opposite sides of the same duplex.
Graves’ case will go before a Virginia Beach grand jury on May 6th.
He’s scheduled to be back in court in Norfolk at the end of next month.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations