Case against man accused of strangling Beach mom goes to grand jury
Virginia Beach, Va. – The case against Jamiel Graves is moving forward to the grand jury in Virginia Beach.
He’s accused of strangling the mother of his two children, Mandi Meyers.
Today in court, a detective testified about what Graves told police.
Graves is charged with murdering his ex-girlfriend, Mandi Myers, in November of last year.
Myers’ sister found her body in a closet.
Graves is also charged in the death of his neighbor in Norfolk, Phylicia Robinson.
Graves’ mother found Robinson’s body in Jamiel’s closet after Robinson had been missing for weeks.
Graves and Robinson lived on opposite sides of the same duplex.
Graves’ case will go before a Virginia Beach grand jury on May 6th.
He’s scheduled to be back in court in Norfolk at the end of next month.
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- Woman's body found on Yorktown Beach
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million