Family of missing Norfolk woman fears the worst after unidentified body is found
Norfolk, Va. – Police are now investigating after a body was found inside a home in the 9300 block of Marlow Avenue. Crews responded to the scene at 10:15 a.m. Tuesday morning.
NewsChannel 3 has confirmed that the Ocean View home where the body was found was the home of missing woman, Phylicia Robinson.
Police say Robinson lived in Apartment A.
The unidentified body was found in Apartment B in the closet.
Police say Apartment A was vacant. The owner renovated and was preparing to rent it out.
Police say the body still has not been identified. They still do not know the age, sex or race of the body yet.
She told friends she was going home to sleep a few hours before going to work an overnight shift at an area Wal-Mart. She never showed up to work.
The father of her child checked her home and found her cellphone and keys, but no signs of her.
Also living in the duplex in the apartment next to Robinson was Jamiel Graves. He was arrested by Virginia Beach Police for the killing of Mandi Myers.
The family is now fearing the worst.
Tears streamed down Shaniqua Scott’s face today. She fears her missing sister is the person found dead.
The family was even more upset that they had to learn about this morning’s death investigation on the news.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Victim's family angry after killer gets unsupervised leave