Man accused of killing two Hampton Roads mothers to undergo mental evaluation
A man accused of murdering a missing Norfolk woman and the mother of his children in Virginia Beach will undergo a mental evaluation.
Jamiel Graves will be screened to decide if he was sane when the women were murdered.
Police say he murdered Phylicia Robinson. The mother had been missing for nearly two months.
Her body was found in Graves’ closet in November.
The day before her body was discovered, police found the mother of Graves’ children dead in Virginia Beach.
Police there say he killed Mandi Myers and stuffed her body in her own closet.
The Norfolk judge will decide if Graves is competent to stand trial in two weeks.
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- UPDATE: "Katherine" the Great White Shark spotted in the surf off Kitty Hawk
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- Some mail sent to sailors aboard the USS Harry S. Truman was lost at sea
- Update: Driver charged after Amtrak train from Norfolk hits car in Waverly