Former Beach teacher found guilty of abduction
Michael Shanklin went before a judge Wednesday to answer charges of felony abduction.
Investigators say it’s connected to a long list of charges he already faces.
The judge found “sufficient proof of abduction” and, in turn, found Michael Shanklin guilty of felony abduction.
The former Landstown High School teacher is in the middle of a year-long prison sentence after admitting to spanking a student with a belt.
Though, when he was sentenced for the sexual battery charges, Shanklin denied the abduction charge.
The student claimed Shanklin took the belt to her back in January as punishment for not doing homework.
According to court documents NewsChannel 3 uncovered, as detectives were investigating, they found child porn on Shanklin’s computer.
They found fetish videos including teacher/student scenarios and sexual spanking.
For those federal charges, he faces an additional 20 years in prison.
That’s on top of the year in jail he’s serving now and the time he may be given after a judge found him guilty of felony abduction.
He’ll be sentenced January 15th.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery