Former Beach teacher found guilty of abduction
Michael Shanklin went before a judge Wednesday to answer charges of felony abduction.
Investigators say it’s connected to a long list of charges he already faces.
The judge found “sufficient proof of abduction” and, in turn, found Michael Shanklin guilty of felony abduction.
The former Landstown High School teacher is in the middle of a year-long prison sentence after admitting to spanking a student with a belt.
Though, when he was sentenced for the sexual battery charges, Shanklin denied the abduction charge.
The student claimed Shanklin took the belt to her back in January as punishment for not doing homework.
According to court documents NewsChannel 3 uncovered, as detectives were investigating, they found child porn on Shanklin’s computer.
They found fetish videos including teacher/student scenarios and sexual spanking.
For those federal charges, he faces an additional 20 years in prison.
That’s on top of the year in jail he’s serving now and the time he may be given after a judge found him guilty of felony abduction.
He’ll be sentenced January 15th.
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Dominion Blvd. emergency closure in place
- Grandy EMT allegedly hid camera in bunk room, Radio Shack tanning booth