Former Landstown High teacher indicted for alleged possession of child porn
Michael D. Shanklin, Jr., a former teacher, was indicted by a federal grand jury today on one count of possession of child pornography.
He faces a maximum penalty of 20 years in prison, if convicted.
Officials say Shanklin had a computer hard drive containing one or more images of child pornography. Shanklin was formerly a teacher at Landstown High School in Virginia Beach.
- Cargo ship runs aground in high winds off Virginia Beach
- UPDATE: Police identify two children dead after multi-vehicle crash in Sandbridge
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call