Former Landstown High teacher indicted for alleged possession of child porn
Michael D. Shanklin, Jr., a former teacher, was indicted by a federal grand jury today on one count of possession of child pornography.
He faces a maximum penalty of 20 years in prison, if convicted.
Officials say Shanklin had a computer hard drive containing one or more images of child pornography. Shanklin was formerly a teacher at Landstown High School in Virginia Beach.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study
- UPDATE: Man shot to death in car in Portsmouth identified