Former Landstown High teacher indicted for alleged possession of child porn
Michael D. Shanklin, Jr., a former teacher, was indicted by a federal grand jury today on one count of possession of child pornography.
He faces a maximum penalty of 20 years in prison, if convicted.
Officials say Shanklin had a computer hard drive containing one or more images of child pornography. Shanklin was formerly a teacher at Landstown High School in Virginia Beach.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations