Case against Beach teacher moves forward
A Virginia Beach grand jury indicted Michael Shanklin on a felony abduction charge.
Last month, Michael Shanklin was sentenced to a year in jail after he was convicted of misdemeanor sexual battery.
According to prosecutors, Shanklin , who worked at Landstown High School, locked a teenage girl in his classroom, even blocking the windows so no one could see inside.
They say Shanklin asked the girl how she wanted it, with a belt or with his hand.
Shanklin could be looking at even more time.
Shanklin will go on trial for the abduction charge in Virginia Beach circuit court. The date has not been set.
- 339 gallons of moonshine, 18 weapons seized from Danville ranch
- Home invasion, then a break-in at Chesapeake home
- Two charged after children found in padlocked camper in deplorable conditions
- Facebook comments may have led to at least one of the Eastern Shore arsons
- Portsmouth man accused of assaulting woman, leaving infant in woods