Case against Beach teacher moves forward
A Virginia Beach grand jury indicted Michael Shanklin on a felony abduction charge.
Last month, Michael Shanklin was sentenced to a year in jail after he was convicted of misdemeanor sexual battery.
According to prosecutors, Shanklin , who worked at Landstown High School, locked a teenage girl in his classroom, even blocking the windows so no one could see inside.
They say Shanklin asked the girl how she wanted it, with a belt or with his hand.
Shanklin could be looking at even more time.
Shanklin will go on trial for the abduction charge in Virginia Beach circuit court. The date has not been set.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study
- UPDATE: Man shot to death in car in Portsmouth identified