Case against Beach teacher moves forward
A Virginia Beach grand jury indicted Michael Shanklin on a felony abduction charge.
Last month, Michael Shanklin was sentenced to a year in jail after he was convicted of misdemeanor sexual battery.
According to prosecutors, Shanklin , who worked at Landstown High School, locked a teenage girl in his classroom, even blocking the windows so no one could see inside.
They say Shanklin asked the girl how she wanted it, with a belt or with his hand.
Shanklin could be looking at even more time.
Shanklin will go on trial for the abduction charge in Virginia Beach circuit court. The date has not been set.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Update: Two dead in homicide-suicide shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'