Case against Beach teacher moves forward
A Virginia Beach grand jury indicted Michael Shanklin on a felony abduction charge.
Last month, Michael Shanklin was sentenced to a year in jail after he was convicted of misdemeanor sexual battery.
According to prosecutors, Shanklin , who worked at Landstown High School, locked a teenage girl in his classroom, even blocking the windows so no one could see inside.
They say Shanklin asked the girl how she wanted it, with a belt or with his hand.
Shanklin could be looking at even more time.
Shanklin will go on trial for the abduction charge in Virginia Beach circuit court. The date has not been set.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations