Woman sentenced to 47 years in jail for robbery, murder at Rally’s Restaurant
A judge sentenced Chearie Edwards to 47 years in jail after she pleaded guilty to robbing and killing two brothers in January.
Court records show Edwards and her boyfriend, Deandre Dunnaway, admitted to killing their manager, Alphonso White, at Rally’s Restaurant in January.
They also admitted to killing White’s brother – Michael Johnson – who just happened to be at the restaurant that night.
Dunnaway was sentenced to two life terms for capital murder.
He avoided the death penalty with a plea agreement.
NewsChannel 3 ‘s Jackie Morlock spoke to the victim’s family moments after the judge handed down that sentence.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study
- UPDATE: Man shot to death in car in Portsmouth identified