Woman sentenced to 47 years in jail for robbery, murder at Rally’s Restaurant
A judge sentenced Chearie Edwards to 47 years in jail after she pleaded guilty to robbing and killing two brothers in January.
Court records show Edwards and her boyfriend, Deandre Dunnaway, admitted to killing their manager, Alphonso White, at Rally’s Restaurant in January.
They also admitted to killing White’s brother – Michael Johnson – who just happened to be at the restaurant that night.
Dunnaway was sentenced to two life terms for capital murder.
He avoided the death penalty with a plea agreement.
NewsChannel 3 ‘s Jackie Morlock spoke to the victim’s family moments after the judge handed down that sentence.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- UPDATE: Crews free stuck cargo ship