Third arrest made in July murder of Ft. Eustis soldier’s wife
A third arrest has been made in the July murder of a James City County woman.
Dana Patterson Mackay, 42, was found dead inside her home in the 100 block of Teal Way in the Season’s Trace area on July 27th.
Dana’s husband, John Wayne Mackay, 42, and his mistress, Nicole Michelle Houchin, 35, were both arrested on July 29th and charged with conspiracy to commit murder and first degree murder.
It was revealed that the two conspired to kill Dana with Nicole Houchin’s husband, Nace Eugene Houchin Jr. for $20,000.
Nace Houchin was arrested on November 15th and also charged conspiracy to commit murder and first degree murder.
Nace is a Specialist in the US Army stationed at Ft Eustis. John Mackay is a Staff Sergeant in the US Army stationed at Ft Eustis.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Update: Two dead in homicide-suicide shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'