Ft. Eustis staff sergeant, mistress charged in wife’s murder
James City County, Va. - A Ft. Eustis staff sergeant and his mistress are both charged in the murder of his wife, 42-year-old Dana Patterson Mackay.
John Wayne Mackay and Nicole Michelle Houchin have been charged with conspiracy to commit murder and first degree murder.
Police say the two admitted to having an affair.
An autopsy revealed Dana Mackay suffered from blunt force trauma according to officials.
Police responded to the 100 block of Teal Way in the Season’s Trace area of James City County after the woman’s neighbor found her dead inside her home Saturday evening.
Around 6:30 pm, the neighbor was asked to check on Mackay by an out-of-state relative who had not heard from her. That’s when the neighbor found her body and called police. Police say they found evidence of a struggle during their investigation and a weapon was used. They have not specified what kind of weapon.
John Wayne Mackay and Nicole Michelle Houchin are now in the Virginia Peninsula Jail without bond.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery