Man behind bars after being accused of stealing vehicle, destroying police car
James City County, Va. - The husband of an accused killer is in jail after police say he stole a vehicle and, once he was arrested, destroyed a police car.
James City County police were on the lookout for Fort Eustis soldier Nace Houchin driving a stolen Chevy Colorado.
His wife is Nicole Houchin, the woman charged with killing Dana Mackay. Police say Nicole was having an affair with Dana’s husband, John Mackay, and that the two plotted to kill John’s wife.
When officers were searching for Nace, they got at tip he may be headed toward Country Village Mobile Home park to visit family. NewsChannel 3 spoke to his sister-in-law Tuesday at one of the homes, and she told us he and Nicole both used to live there.
Court documents show an officer pulled Nace over inside the trailer park.
They also say when police questioned him, he refused to say his name, and that’s when the officer handcuffed him and put him back in the police car.
Police tell us Nace was able to maneuver his handcuffs in front of his body and carve a curse word in the right window of the patrol car and then ripped an electronic wire from the floor.
He’s being charged with grand larceny and destruction of property in addition to an AWOL charge from Fort Eustis.
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- The real story behind the ‘train selfie’ and the man kicked in head by ‘conductor’