Officials: 125 crime reports at ECSU may not have been investigated properly
Elizabeth City, N.C. – There has been a big shake-up at Elizabeth City State University after questions were raised about the university’s handling of a complaint about sexual assault and sexual battery. It has now been revealed that there are 125 crime reports that may not have been properly investigated including 18 possible sexual assaults.
This dates back to 2007. Forty of those reports have been closed.
An officer has been placed on administrative leave, another has resigned, one has separated service and two are now on leave.
The police chief, Sam Beamon was placed on administrative leave in April and he later handed in his resignation.
John Manley has been leading on an interim basis.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Virginia Beach teen killed in six-car crash on I-64 in Hampton