ECSU names new interim police chief
Elizabeth City State University has announced that retired Rocky Mount Chief of Police, John H. Manley, Jr., will lead the ECSU Police Department, effective May 3.
Pending completion of administrative processes, he will be formally sworn in as Interim Chief of the Department.
Manley will take over for Kelly White, who has served as Acting Chief since Sam Beamon was placed on administrative leave on April 25.
Manley served with the Rocky Mount Police Department for 32 years, including seven years (2004-2011) as Chief of Police. From May through December of 2012, he also served as Interim Chief of the Elizabeth City Police Department. He will oversee the ECSU Police Department pending the outcome of an ongoing inquiry by the State Bureau of Investigation.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study
- UPDATE: Man shot to death in car in Portsmouth identified