Navy’s X-47B drone makes first simulated carrier landing (video)
The Navy’s X-47B drone has passed another milestone, making its first arrested landing at Naval Air Station Patuxent River.
The robotic aircraft successfully snagged the arresting wire as it landed, simulating a landing on a carrier at sea, according to Danger Room.
Next month the drone will head to sea onboard the USS George H.W. Bush where the Navy will test it in real life catapult launches and arrested landings on a carrier flight deck.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen