Navy’s X-47B drone makes first simulated carrier landing (video)
The Navy’s X-47B drone has passed another milestone, making its first arrested landing at Naval Air Station Patuxent River.
The robotic aircraft successfully snagged the arresting wire as it landed, simulating a landing on a carrier at sea, according to Danger Room.
Next month the drone will head to sea onboard the USS George H.W. Bush where the Navy will test it in real life catapult launches and arrested landings on a carrier flight deck.
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Dominion Blvd. emergency closure in place
- Grandy EMT allegedly hid camera in bunk room, Radio Shack tanning booth