4th suspect arrested in connection to VSU hazing incident
Chesterfield County, Va. – Police in Chesterfield County have now arrested the fourth man accused in connection to a hazing incident that claimed the lives of two VSU students. Police say Charles E. Zollicoffer II turned himself in to police on Monday.
The other three suspects, James A. Mackey Sr., Eriq K. Benson, and Cory D. Baytop were arrested last week.
The two students who drowned in the Appomattox River were from Hampton Roads. Marvell Edmondson was from Portsmouth and attended Churchland High School, and Jawaun Holmes was from the Peninsula and attended Bruton High School.
On April 20, seven VSU students attempted to walk through the Appomattox River to complete their initiation into an organization known as Men of Honor.
The current swept the students down river; some were pulled to safety and others drifted to shore. Edmondson and Holmes were reported missing and their bodies were later found.
The four men have all been charged with hazing.
Zollicoffer’s first court appearance is May 2nd.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study
- UPDATE: Man shot to death in car in Portsmouth identified