Former school employee charged with having sex with student granted $50,000 bond in Norfolk
Norfolk, Va. – A former school employee charged with having sex with a student and plotting to killer her husband was in court Friday morning.
Patience Perez was granted $50,000 bond in Norfolk. The judge said she must have no contact with her husband, her children, or the 15-year-old boy she’s accused of sleeping with.
Virginia Beach police arrested Perez in March of 2013, and charged her for sleeping with a 15-year-old Renaissance Academy High School student.
She worked as an assistant security guard.
A week later – Norfolk police charged her with conspiring with the same boy to kill her husband.
Perez’s husband, Gilbert, took the stand at his wife’s bond hearing Friday morning. He said she is “a very loving person” and an “excellent mother”. He even said he has “no concerns at all” that she would actually hurt him.
Perez’s mother also took the stand, and she has measures in place to keep Perez from contacting the boy.
The boy’s mother cried as the judge decided to grant Perez bond. She told NewsChannel 3 she believes Perez will try to contact her son once she bonds out of jail.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- UPDATE: Crews free stuck cargo ship