Former school employee charged with having sex with student granted $50,000 bond in Norfolk
Norfolk, Va. – A former school employee charged with having sex with a student and plotting to killer her husband was in court Friday morning.
Patience Perez was granted $50,000 bond in Norfolk. The judge said she must have no contact with her husband, her children, or the 15-year-old boy she’s accused of sleeping with.
Virginia Beach police arrested Perez in March of 2013, and charged her for sleeping with a 15-year-old Renaissance Academy High School student.
She worked as an assistant security guard.
A week later – Norfolk police charged her with conspiring with the same boy to kill her husband.
Perez’s husband, Gilbert, took the stand at his wife’s bond hearing Friday morning. He said she is “a very loving person” and an “excellent mother”. He even said he has “no concerns at all” that she would actually hurt him.
Perez’s mother also took the stand, and she has measures in place to keep Perez from contacting the boy.
The boy’s mother cried as the judge decided to grant Perez bond. She told NewsChannel 3 she believes Perez will try to contact her son once she bonds out of jail.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel