Former school employee facing sex crimes charges appears in court
Norfolk, Va. – Patience Perez, the woman accused of having sex with a 15-year-old, appeared at her determination of council hearing this morning in Norfolk Juvenile Domestic Relations Court.
Both Virginia Beach and Norfolk police charged Perez with having sex with the boy she met while working as a security guard assistant at Renaissance Academy in Virginia Beach. Norfolk police have also charged her with conspiring with the boy to murder her husband, a Navy sailor.
Norfolk attorney John Fletcher is representing Perez. He told NewsChannel 3 that Perez’s husband is supporting her and this is a very emotional time for their family.
According to a criminal complaint filed in Virginia Beach juvenile court, Perez’s affair with the boy started in February and ended in early March.
“They most often would return to her home in Norfolk,” the complaint said, where they would “smoke marijuana together and have sexual intercourse.”
The complaint said it happened “multiple times” and the that the two also discussed the idea of Ms. Perez’s husband, a Navy sailor, being killed or dying.
Perez will have a bond hearing next week in Norfolk juvenile court.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations