Residents in Accomack lean on prayer, faith to catch serial arsonist
Accomack County, Va. – People across Accomack County are fed up with the fire bug who has been setting empty buildings ablaze in the area since November.
They’re hoping a higher calling can help put an end to the unrelenting arsonist or arsonists.
Officials are on the hunt for the arsonist and residents have been on the lookout, but still no one has been captured.
Tuesday night, local pastors led residents there in prayer. They stood side-by-side prayed and held hands.
There are at least 70 open arson investigations in Accomack so far. The latest suspected arson happened Monday night in Parksley. An abandoned, wooden two-story frame house was fully engulfed when crews got to the scene.
The fires started back in November and they have residents worn out and fire crews wearing thin.
There’s a $25,000 reward being offered for any information that leads to an arrest and conviction.
- Cargo ship runs aground in high winds off Virginia Beach
- UPDATE: Police identify two children dead after multi-vehicle crash in Sandbridge
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call