Double structure fire is latest arson in Accomack County
Accomack County, Va. – State police are investigating yet another arson on the Eastern Shore. Nearly 70 fires have been set since mid-November.
Units responded to 24300 block of John Caine Rd in the Parksley area of Accomack around 1am Sunday.
Upon arriving at the scene, Agents determined that there were two structures burning. The first structure was a single wide unoccupied trailer located at the 24300 block of John Caine Road. The second fire, a two story wooden framed unoccupied labor house located at the 24400 block of John Caine Road. This structure was approximately 50 yards west of the first trailer structure.
Investigators say the single wide trailer was the target for arson and the second structure, the wooden labor house, caught fire as a result from the flames/fire of the first structure.
No injuries were reported in the fires and the fire is still under criminal investigation.
The Virginia State Police urge the public to come forward with any information that can assist in solving the arsons on the Eastern Shore. There continues to be a $25,000.00 reward offered to any information that leads to an arrest and conviction.Submit Your Photo
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Girl receives over 200 stitches in her head after vicious pit bull attack in Newport News
- Slain officer's text messages will be evidence at murder trial
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home