Two men rescued by Coast Guard near Cape Lookout, NC
On Wednesday, the Coast Guard rescued two men after their sailboat became disabled approximately 25 miles east of Cape Lookout, N.C., at 5:34 p.m.
Jim Southward and Pat Schoenberger were both rescued.
They told crews that they lost engine power steering and they were taking on water.
Watchstanders deployed an aircrew aboard an MH-60 Jayhawk helicopter from Coast Guard Air Station Elizabeth City, N.C.
When crews arrived, the two jumped into the water and swam away from the boat.
The men were hoisted into the helicopter and taken to the air station.
There are no reports of injuries.
- Family furious over reports of exploitation of Disney disability treatment
- Update: 42 sticks of dynamite found in Beach storage shed
- Two-vehicle collision causes gas station fire in Hampton
- Pilothouse audio released from USS Porter's collision with supertanker
- Beach-based SEAL killed in Fort Knox training accident identified