Two men rescued by Coast Guard near Cape Lookout, NC
On Wednesday, the Coast Guard rescued two men after their sailboat became disabled approximately 25 miles east of Cape Lookout, N.C., at 5:34 p.m.
Jim Southward and Pat Schoenberger were both rescued.
They told crews that they lost engine power steering and they were taking on water.
Watchstanders deployed an aircrew aboard an MH-60 Jayhawk helicopter from Coast Guard Air Station Elizabeth City, N.C.
When crews arrived, the two jumped into the water and swam away from the boat.
The men were hoisted into the helicopter and taken to the air station.
There are no reports of injuries.
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Dominion Blvd. emergency closure in place
- Police investigating after man claiming workers' comp treated day before for sports injury