Two men rescued by Coast Guard near Cape Lookout, NC
On Wednesday, the Coast Guard rescued two men after their sailboat became disabled approximately 25 miles east of Cape Lookout, N.C., at 5:34 p.m.
Jim Southward and Pat Schoenberger were both rescued.
They told crews that they lost engine power steering and they were taking on water.
Watchstanders deployed an aircrew aboard an MH-60 Jayhawk helicopter from Coast Guard Air Station Elizabeth City, N.C.
When crews arrived, the two jumped into the water and swam away from the boat.
The men were hoisted into the helicopter and taken to the air station.
There are no reports of injuries.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Virginia Beach teen killed in six-car crash on I-64 in Hampton
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million