Two men rescued by Coast Guard near Cape Lookout, NC
On Wednesday, the Coast Guard rescued two men after their sailboat became disabled approximately 25 miles east of Cape Lookout, N.C., at 5:34 p.m.
Jim Southward and Pat Schoenberger were both rescued.
They told crews that they lost engine power steering and they were taking on water.
Watchstanders deployed an aircrew aboard an MH-60 Jayhawk helicopter from Coast Guard Air Station Elizabeth City, N.C.
When crews arrived, the two jumped into the water and swam away from the boat.
The men were hoisted into the helicopter and taken to the air station.
There are no reports of injuries.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found