Two men rescued by Coast Guard near Cape Lookout, NC
On Wednesday, the Coast Guard rescued two men after their sailboat became disabled approximately 25 miles east of Cape Lookout, N.C., at 5:34 p.m.
Jim Southward and Pat Schoenberger were both rescued.
They told crews that they lost engine power steering and they were taking on water.
Watchstanders deployed an aircrew aboard an MH-60 Jayhawk helicopter from Coast Guard Air Station Elizabeth City, N.C.
When crews arrived, the two jumped into the water and swam away from the boat.
The men were hoisted into the helicopter and taken to the air station.
There are no reports of injuries.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- UPDATE: Crews free stuck cargo ship