Coast Guard rescues man, dog from boat near Hampton
The Coast Guard rescued a man and his dog from a disabled sailboat near Hampton.
They say the boat became disabled in the northwest branch of the Back River about half a mile northwest of the Bell Isle Marina in Hampton.
Towboat U.S. notified Coast Guard Sector Hampton Roads watchstanders of the disabled sailboat at 10:15 p.m. Monday.
Crews were unable to approach the sailboat due to weather conditions.
Once crews arrived, the Coast Guard crew transferred the man and his dog from the 41-foot sailboat to their boat at approximately 2:00 a.m. Tuesday and took them to the Langley Air Force Base marina.
They say there are no reports of injuries.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Man struck and killed by truck in Newport News; driver arrested