Coast Guard rescues man, dog from boat near Hampton
The Coast Guard rescued a man and his dog from a disabled sailboat near Hampton.
They say the boat became disabled in the northwest branch of the Back River about half a mile northwest of the Bell Isle Marina in Hampton.
Towboat U.S. notified Coast Guard Sector Hampton Roads watchstanders of the disabled sailboat at 10:15 p.m. Monday.
Crews were unable to approach the sailboat due to weather conditions.
Once crews arrived, the Coast Guard crew transferred the man and his dog from the 41-foot sailboat to their boat at approximately 2:00 a.m. Tuesday and took them to the Langley Air Force Base marina.
They say there are no reports of injuries.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- One person rushed to hospital after double shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'