Fire confirmed arson in Accomack County
According to the Accomack County 911 Center, fire crews were on the scene of a structure fire in Temperanceville on Monday night.
Calls came in at 9:02 p.m. Crews say the structure was abandoned.
Officials have now confirmed that the fire is an arson.
They say the building is a total loss.
There have been over 50 arsons in Accomack County since November of 2012.
Anyone with information about the arsons is asked to call the Virginia State Police toll-free at 1-800-582-8350 or (757) 424-6820; or call the Accomack County Sheriff’s Office at (757) 787-1131. There is a reward of up to $5,000 for information on the Accomack County fires that leads to an arrest and conviction.
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars
- FBI agent kills alleged friend of Boston bombers in Orlando
- Inside the Moore tornado: What it looked like from a storm shelter (Video)
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- Woman and roommate accused of trying to cause miscarriage