VA Transportation bill headed to Senate for a vote
Virginia’s transportation bill is now headed to the state Senate for a vote.
Earlier on Friday, it passed the House of Delegates 60 to 40.
This bill would eliminate the state gas tax.
But it would create a new 3.5% wholesale gas tax, increasing the state sales tax from 5% to 5.3% and imposes a new 100-dollar alternative fuel fee for hybrid vehicle owners.
If this bill passes the Senate, it’ll head to Governor McDonnell’s desk where he’s expected to sign it into law.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach