VA Transportation bill headed to Senate for a vote
Virginia’s transportation bill is now headed to the state Senate for a vote.
Earlier on Friday, it passed the House of Delegates 60 to 40.
This bill would eliminate the state gas tax.
But it would create a new 3.5% wholesale gas tax, increasing the state sales tax from 5% to 5.3% and imposes a new 100-dollar alternative fuel fee for hybrid vehicle owners.
If this bill passes the Senate, it’ll head to Governor McDonnell’s desk where he’s expected to sign it into law.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend