Virginia lawmaker wants to get rid of the state’s gas tax
According to WTVR, Fairfax Delegate Tim Hugo plans to introduce legislation at next month’s General Assembly session that would do away with Virginia’s 17.5 cent gas tax.
Instead, he wants to raise the state’s sales tax from 5% to 5.9% to help pay for road maintenance.
Hugo says his plan would raise $500-million a year for transportation.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations