Virginia lawmaker wants to get rid of the state’s gas tax
According to WTVR, Fairfax Delegate Tim Hugo plans to introduce legislation at next month’s General Assembly session that would do away with Virginia’s 17.5 cent gas tax.
Instead, he wants to raise the state’s sales tax from 5% to 5.9% to help pay for road maintenance.
Hugo says his plan would raise $500-million a year for transportation.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Update: Two dead in homicide-suicide shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'