Virginia lawmaker wants to get rid of the state’s gas tax
According to WTVR, Fairfax Delegate Tim Hugo plans to introduce legislation at next month’s General Assembly session that would do away with Virginia’s 17.5 cent gas tax.
Instead, he wants to raise the state’s sales tax from 5% to 5.9% to help pay for road maintenance.
Hugo says his plan would raise $500-million a year for transportation.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time