Virginia lawmaker wants to get rid of the state’s gas tax
According to WTVR, Fairfax Delegate Tim Hugo plans to introduce legislation at next month’s General Assembly session that would do away with Virginia’s 17.5 cent gas tax.
Instead, he wants to raise the state’s sales tax from 5% to 5.9% to help pay for road maintenance.
Hugo says his plan would raise $500-million a year for transportation.
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- UPDATE: "Katherine" the Great White Shark spotted in the surf off Kitty Hawk
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- Some mail sent to sailors aboard the USS Harry S. Truman was lost at sea
- Update: Driver charged after Amtrak train from Norfolk hits car in Waverly