Virginia lawmaker wants to get rid of the state’s gas tax
According to WTVR, Fairfax Delegate Tim Hugo plans to introduce legislation at next month’s General Assembly session that would do away with Virginia’s 17.5 cent gas tax.
Instead, he wants to raise the state’s sales tax from 5% to 5.9% to help pay for road maintenance.
Hugo says his plan would raise $500-million a year for transportation.
- 339 gallons of moonshine, 18 weapons seized from Danville ranch
- Two charged after children found in padlocked camper in deplorable conditions
- USS Enterprise heads out on final voyage
- Facebook comments may have led to at least one of the Eastern Shore arsons
- Receipt profanity angers dad who took young son to sports bar