Senate approves transportation funding bill
The Senate has approved a transportation funding bill, but they’ve made some major changes from Governor Bob McDonnell’s plan.
The Senate proposal restores and increases the gas tax.
It adds a 1% fuel sales tax and allows cities to add another one percent tax to gas.
The governor’s plan got rid of the gas tax altogether and increased the sales tax.
The House approved the governor’s plan earlier this month.
But a Senate committee has already made changes to that plan which will be voted on in the Senate later this week.
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- The real story behind the ‘train selfie’ and the man kicked in head by ‘conductor’