Kearsarge Amphibious Ready Group completes training in Atlantic
The Kearsarge Amphibious Ready Group has completed training in the Atlantic.
The composite training unit exercise must be complete before deployment.
The USS Kearsarge, USS San Antonio, USS Carter Hall, and Amphibious Squadron Four are all part of the ready group.
A photo was taken as an osprey took off from the Kearsarge during the training.
Right now, the Navy says sequestration has not impacted to future deployment of the Kearsarge Amphibious Ready Group.
Only the Truman Carrier Strike Group’s deployment has been put on hold because of sequestration.
Other destroyers and the Eisenhower Carrier Strike Group will deploy as scheduled according to the Navy.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time