Kearsarge Amphibious Ready Group completes training in Atlantic
The Kearsarge Amphibious Ready Group has completed training in the Atlantic.
The composite training unit exercise must be complete before deployment.
The USS Kearsarge, USS San Antonio, USS Carter Hall, and Amphibious Squadron Four are all part of the ready group.
A photo was taken as an osprey took off from the Kearsarge during the training.
Right now, the Navy says sequestration has not impacted to future deployment of the Kearsarge Amphibious Ready Group.
Only the Truman Carrier Strike Group’s deployment has been put on hold because of sequestration.
Other destroyers and the Eisenhower Carrier Strike Group will deploy as scheduled according to the Navy.
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Man accused of stealing from dying friend now a fugitive
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- Police investigating after man claiming workers' comp treated day before for sports injury
- Officials discuss plans to repair closed Bonner Bridge