Kearsarge Amphibious Ready Group completes training in Atlantic
The Kearsarge Amphibious Ready Group has completed training in the Atlantic.
The composite training unit exercise must be complete before deployment.
The USS Kearsarge, USS San Antonio, USS Carter Hall, and Amphibious Squadron Four are all part of the ready group.
A photo was taken as an osprey took off from the Kearsarge during the training.
Right now, the Navy says sequestration has not impacted to future deployment of the Kearsarge Amphibious Ready Group.
Only the Truman Carrier Strike Group’s deployment has been put on hold because of sequestration.
Other destroyers and the Eisenhower Carrier Strike Group will deploy as scheduled according to the Navy.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- UPDATE: Crews free stuck cargo ship