Sen. Tim Kaine discusses Truman’s delayed deployment
One day after breaking military news about a delayed deployment, U.S. Senator Tim Kaine was on Capitol Hill discussing with Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta the devastating impact sequestration is already having. He agreed with Panetta that the greatest threat to our national security today is budget uncertainty.
During his opening statement in today’s Senate Armed Services Committee hearing, Sen. Kaine said decisions like delayed deployment place an undue burden on thousands of sailors and their families in Hampton Roads.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- One person rushed to hospital after double shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'