Sen. Tim Kaine discusses Truman’s delayed deployment
One day after breaking military news about a delayed deployment, U.S. Senator Tim Kaine was on Capitol Hill discussing with Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta the devastating impact sequestration is already having. He agreed with Panetta that the greatest threat to our national security today is budget uncertainty.
During his opening statement in today’s Senate Armed Services Committee hearing, Sen. Kaine said decisions like delayed deployment place an undue burden on thousands of sailors and their families in Hampton Roads.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car