Sen. Mark Warner: Sequestration is just plain stupid
Hampton Roads has already felt the impact of sequestration with the delay of the deployment of the USS Harry Truman.
That’s just a cut made in preparation of sequestration, which starts March 1st.
Some lawmakers in Washington are scrambling to stop it.
NewsChannel 3 took action and spoke with Senator Mark Warner about just how far Congress is away from reaching a deal.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery