Hofstadler sentenced for striking family in Virginia Beach while under the influence
Virginia Beach, Va. – On Wednesday, February 6, 2013, Sandra Hofstadler was sentenced for hitting a father and three children in a vehicle while she was high on cocaine. It happened back in January of 2012, at a bus stop in Virginia Beach.
Hofstadler was sentenced to 12 years in prison.
She received five years each for two counts of maiming. She also received another year for reckless driving.
She will only serve 11 years in prison, after receiving credit for time served.
Hofstadler also faces a $5,000 fine.
Back in January 2012, police say Sandra Hofstadler swerved past a stopped school bus, as the students were getting on the bus. That’s when she hit the four family members.
NewsChannel 3 spoke to the father, David Yancy after the accident.
He said his son was hospitalized with a severe brain injury.
The other two children who were injured were his daughter and niece.
Hofstadler has pleaded guilty to a number of drug and alcohol charges dating back to 2003.
Watch NewsChannel 3 for updates.
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- Mom forces bullying daughter to don thrift store threads
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between two cars
- Virginia Beach man charged with wife's murder
- Two-mile-wide tornado kills at least 51, including 7 elementary school students