Beach students honor woman who took action to save their classmates
Students greeted Celia Ruiz outside Lynnhaven Elementary school this morning.
They had posters with ‘thank you’ messages and flowers to show their appreciation.
In January, Ruiz took action after police say drunk and high driver Sandra Hofstadler plowed into the Yancy family as they walked to the school bus.
Ruiz says she just followed her instincts and the 911 operator walked her through everything else.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery