Beach students honor woman who took action to save their classmates
Students greeted Celia Ruiz outside Lynnhaven Elementary school this morning.
They had posters with ‘thank you’ messages and flowers to show their appreciation.
In January, Ruiz took action after police say drunk and high driver Sandra Hofstadler plowed into the Yancy family as they walked to the school bus.
Ruiz says she just followed her instincts and the 911 operator walked her through everything else.
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- The real story behind the ‘train selfie’ and the man kicked in head by ‘conductor’