Beach students honor woman who took action to save their classmates
Students greeted Celia Ruiz outside Lynnhaven Elementary school this morning.
They had posters with ‘thank you’ messages and flowers to show their appreciation.
In January, Ruiz took action after police say drunk and high driver Sandra Hofstadler plowed into the Yancy family as they walked to the school bus.
Ruiz says she just followed her instincts and the 911 operator walked her through everything else.
- Home invasion, then a break-in at Chesapeake home
- 339 gallons of moonshine, 18 weapons seized from Danville ranch
- Portsmouth man accused of assaulting woman, leaving infant in woods
- Facebook comments may have led to at least one of the Eastern Shore arsons
- Hampton man who died after being placed in emergency custody identified