McDonald’s to be “Macca’s” in Australia
The golden arches are getting a makeover in Australia.
The franchise is changing its name.
McDonald’s has embraced Australian slang and renamed 13 of its restaurants across the country to “Macca’s”.
Several restaurants already changed the name; more Macca’s stores will pop up today and later this week.
The abbreviated signs are designed to coincide with Australia Day on January 26, 2013.
- Hampton Roads veterans still waiting up to 30 months for disability claims
- Dolphins surf new submarine's bow wave (video)
- You're eating more calories than you think
- Beach stabbing victim: 'The knife was just in my back, like a ninja' (Video)
- College student from Yorktown wins $1 million lottery prize