McDonald’s to be “Macca’s” in Australia
The golden arches are getting a makeover in Australia.
The franchise is changing its name.
McDonald’s has embraced Australian slang and renamed 13 of its restaurants across the country to “Macca’s”.
Several restaurants already changed the name; more Macca’s stores will pop up today and later this week.
The abbreviated signs are designed to coincide with Australia Day on January 26, 2013.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend