McDonald’s expands test of new chicken wings
McDonald's press photo of the wings.
Chicago, Ill. (WTVR) - McDonald’s will expand its test run of chicken wings from Atlanta to Chicago.
The wings are sold in servings of three, five or 10 pieces and prices start at $3, according to Lynne Collier, an analyst.
The Associated Press reports that about 500 restaurants in Chicago will start serving the wings, with ranch as the default dipping sauce. Fast-food chains typically introduce new items in a few major test markets, before committing to a national launch.
McNuggets were created in 1979, and became available nationwide in 1983.
However, the AP reports that adding chicken wings to the permanent lineup could be tricky. Read more here.
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Father and son among three arrested in Kitty Hawk drug investigation
- Family, friends gather to remember two girls killed in Ahoskie fire
- South Carolina mother drives van filled with kids into ocean