VIDEO – VDOT statement on HRBT/James River Bridge strategy
On Friday, VDOT announced its plan for when it has to do maintenance at the HRBT and James River Bridge.
Last weekend, many drivers were caught in a traffic nightmare.
Because of the bridge and tunnel work, drivers were forced to use only the Monitor-Merrimac Bridge Tunnel to travel from the Peninsula to the Southside.
VDOT eliminated the plan for double crossing closures this weekend.
Meanwhile – the transporation department is running radio ads to apologize for the traffic troubles.
They say, “We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this past weekend’s road closures caused. “
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study
- UPDATE: Man shot to death in car in Portsmouth identified