Viewers take action for Operation School Uniform
We’ve partnered with ‘My Help, My Hope’ Charities to provide back-to-school clothing and supplies for children in area homeless shelters.
Marie Boyd fundraises for the homeless every year by sleeping outside at Todd Stadium.
We featured her efforts during her last fund drive, and she later won a Taking Action Award for her good works in the community and her non-profit “Good Samaritan Fund.”
She was watching when NewsChannel 3 featured area kids in homeless shelters in need of school clothing and supplies. Marie called and told us it was her calling to pitch in and help.
This week, we’ll show you how Marie took the money you donated and shopped for two families who needed back-to-school clothing and supplies. The smiles on their faces were priceless.
We’d also like to thank Dayra Marshall Brown of Chesapeake and Todd Dinkel of Newport News for making a donation.
Join us and take action to help! Donate to “Operation School Uniform”
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- ‘Little hero’ uses Facetime to save his mom