Operation School Uniform: Marie Boyd
We partnered with ‘My Help, My Hope’ Charity to provide clothing and school supplies for kids living in area homeless shelters.
We invited viewers to drop off donations in the lobby at our NewsChannel 3 Downtown Studio and many people are responding!
Special thanks to our viewers Jody Landgford and her children, Domonick and Sadie, for dropping off school supplies in our collection box.
This will go a long way for parents and children who are struggling in this economy to get back on their feet to get a home of their own.
The generosity gets better! NewsChannel 3 viewer, and community advocate Marie Boyd set up a shopping date at Walmart to outfit two shelter families. She wants more people to get involved.
You can take action for Operation School Uniform.
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- The real story behind the ‘train selfie’ and the man kicked in head by ‘conductor’