Soldier’s posts about avoiding flag salute cause social media firestorm
A soldier’s selfie on Instagram set off a social media firestorm that has caused some to call for her removal from service.
According to The Army Times, Pfc. Tariqka Sheffey hid in her car to avoid saluting the flag and then posted about it on the social media site.
“This is me laying back in my car hiding so I don’t have to salute the 1700 flag, KEEP ALL YOUR ‘THATS SO DISRESPECTFUL/HOWRUDE/ETC.’ COMMENTS TO YOURSELF cuz, right now, IDGAFFFF.”
The image was shared via social media and then it was sent to Army Times.
She is part of the 59th Quartermaster Company, 43rd Sustainment Brigade at Fort Carson in Colorado the site says.
A spokesperson says that the chain of command is looking into the situation.
She posted a video on Instagram thanking those who stood up for her but saying that she was not a disrespectful soldier.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations
- Who would bully military wives online?