Norfolk man sentenced to 61 years for killing homeless man
A Norfolk man has been found guilty of first-degree murder and sentenced to 61 years in prison for killing a homeless man.
Prosecutors say 21-year-old Steven Lamonte Reid shot and killed 51-year-old Illinois Johnson.
It happened back in December of 2012 on the steps of First Baptist Church on Bute Street in Downtown Norfolk.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales