Norfolk man sentenced to 61 years for killing homeless man
A Norfolk man has been found guilty of first-degree murder and sentenced to 61 years in prison for killing a homeless man.
Prosecutors say 21-year-old Steven Lamonte Reid shot and killed 51-year-old Illinois Johnson.
It happened back in December of 2012 on the steps of First Baptist Church on Bute Street in Downtown Norfolk.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel