Update: Man found dead near Norfolk church now identified
Update: Police have now identified the person who was found dead near a Norfolk church on Tuesday.
They have identified the victim as Illinois D. Johnson.
If you have any information about this case, please call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
Norfolk, Va. – Norfolk police are now investigating after they say a male victim was found dead early Tuesday morning.
Police received reports of a shooting at 6:18 a.m. They responded to the 400 block of East Bute Street, where they say the male victim was found suffering from gunshot wounds; he was pronounced dead on the scene at 6:24 a.m.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
NewsChannel 3 is working to find more details – updates will be posted as they become available.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery