Local charity pairs with Pusha-T to get 1,000 pairs of shoes for needy children
Kids in need in Norfolk got an early Christmas gift over the weekend – a brand new pair of shoes!
It’s the result of former NewsChannel 3 People Taking Action award winner Lizette McKesson and her organization “A Thousand Shoes for A Thousand Smiles.”
They work with local social services to make sure the kids that need shoes can get them.
This Christmas, Lizette asked local rapper Pusha-T to take action and get results, and he did in a big way.
Pusha-T got Adidas to donate 1,000 pairs of brand new sneakers.
Lizetta and A Thousand Shoes for A Thousand Smiles have been up and running for nine years now.
It’s a huge effort involving several months plus a variety of businesses and donors, but she says that in the end, the smiles she gets from the kids make all that sacrifice worth it.
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- ‘Little hero’ uses Facetime to save his mom