31,400 holiday cards collected for troops overseas
Photo: American Red Cross
The American Red Cross Holiday Mail for Heroes program provides Americans with the opportunity to extend holiday greetings and thanks to service members, veterans, and their families.
On behalf of the American Red Cross Eastern Virginia Region Service to the Armed Forces office, officials have announced that over the past few months the Red Cross has collected 31,400 personally inscribed holiday cards from people of all ages in Hampton Roads.
Expressing heartfelt holiday wishes and appreciation for their service, these cards will be distributed in the coming days to military and veterans serving in the U.S. and overseas who sincerely appreciate receiving these greetings from home.
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach