Holiday Mail for Heroes: Windsor Woods students create cards for troops
Virginia Beach students took action today to make cards for our troops.
Students at Windsor Woods Elementary School put their creative skills to the test.
It’s part of holiday mail for heroes.
For the fifth year, NewsChannel 3 is partnering with the American Red Cross to create holiday cards for service members.
After the cards are made, the Red Cross sends them to troops serving around the world.
So far, more than 8,500 cards have been made, but we’re trying to beat last year’s total of 12,000.
You only have until Friday December 7th.
You’ll have a chance to make cards at the Oceanfront this weekend during the holiday parade at the Beach.
Just look for the Red Cross tent. It will be next to the judges’ table around 25th Street.
- Cargo ship runs aground in high winds off Virginia Beach
- UPDATE: Police identify two children dead after multi-vehicle crash in Sandbridge
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- VIDEO: Why it's not a good idea to take selfies with moving trains