Search continues for man’s body spotted in Chesapeake Bay
In Hampton, search crews will be back out on the water this morning looking for a body seen floating near the HRBT and Fort Monroe.
Someone called police around 7:30 a.m. Thursday morning, saying they saw a man’s body floating in the water.
The first officers on scene said they saw it from the Mugler Bridge, but crews were not able to get it out.
This is the second body spotted floating in these waters in Hampton this year.
In June, a man was found in the water near Hampton. Police say that death was not criminal. And in Newport News, police are still trying to identify a man found floating in Peterson’s Yacht Basin in September 2012.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen