Search continues for man’s body spotted in Chesapeake Bay
In Hampton, search crews will be back out on the water this morning looking for a body seen floating near the HRBT and Fort Monroe.
Someone called police around 7:30 a.m. Thursday morning, saying they saw a man’s body floating in the water.
The first officers on scene said they saw it from the Mugler Bridge, but crews were not able to get it out.
This is the second body spotted floating in these waters in Hampton this year.
In June, a man was found in the water near Hampton. Police say that death was not criminal. And in Newport News, police are still trying to identify a man found floating in Peterson’s Yacht Basin in September 2012.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- One person rushed to hospital after double shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'