Student shaken up after school bus crash in Virginia Beach
Virginia Beach, Va. – NewsChannel 3 is learning more about a crash in Virginia Beach involving a school bus that left one person dead.
After the school bus accident, students were transported on a different bus to Bayside Middle School where they were greeted by counselors and reunited with their parents.
NewsChannel 3 talked to one student and her mother, moments after they saw each other.
“I’m still really shook up. I’m still very like emotional about it. It’s not an easy thing to not think of, and overcome like what just happened.”
Natalia Torres sat in the second seat on her school bus this morning – and felt her bus hit the car, killing the driver.
“The man was just out of his car – and the bus driver just didn’t see him. He was yelling stop, stop – and by the time the bus driver saw the guy, it was too late.”
After the accident, 11 students went to the hospital and the rest were transported to Bayside High School, where they met with their parents.
“I was very relieved to have her there, someone to comfort me. I needed that motherly comfort and everything.”
Her mother was terrified when she heard the news.
“I was freaking out, crying, I’m still shaken up inside, and she kept telling me that she was okay, but until I actually saw her for myself…”
NewsChannel 3 will have updates on this story today – starting First at Four.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel