UPDATE: Chesapeake woman charged with first degree murder in stabbing death
Chesapeake, Va. – Police have arrested and charged a woman with first degree murder after a 22-year-old woman was found stabbed to death in Chesapeake.
On Thursday, September 26, 2013 at 4:15 p.m., police responded to a disturbance in the 3000 block of Welcome Road.
When police arrived, they found a 22-year-old with stab wounds to the chest.
The victim has been identified as 22-year-old Avatiena Wesley. Police say Wesley was at her mother’s residence when an altercation ensued between Wesley and her mother’s roommate, 27-year-old Krystal Martin.
Martin stabbed Wesley. Wesley was later pronounced dead at Sentara Norfolk General Hospital, police say.
Krystal Martin of the 3000 block of Welcome Road was arrested and charged with First Degree Murder.
Martin is currently being held in the Chesapeake City Jail.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates.
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach