Chesapeake police investigate after 22-year-old mom is stabbed to death
Chesapeake, Va. – Chesapeake police are now investigating after a 22-year-old woman was stabbed to death.
She has been identified by her family as Avatiena Wesley.
Police say at around 3:30 p.m. on Thursday, they went to check on Wesley at a home in the 3000 block of Welcome Road.
When police arrived, they found the 22-year-old with stab wounds to the chest. She was then taken to the hospital for treatment but was pronounced dead.
Authorities say they have a person of interest in custody right now. No other details have been released.
If you have any information about this case, please call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study
- UPDATE: Man shot to death in car in Portsmouth identified