Man to spend 16 years in prison for Beach child sex abuse case
Virginia Beach, Va. – Robert Vance Gallup,60, will spend more than 17 years in prison for sexually abusing a child between 1976 and 1984.
Virginia Beach prosecutors said the victim came forward to police in 2012.
Authorities said the victim tape-recorded a conversation with Gallup, during which Gallup said, “Here I am, an adult that wants to have sex with children.”
Gallup, who previously lived in Lexington, Va., pleaded guilty to three counts of aggravated sexual battery, three counts of indecent liberties and custodial indecent liberties. Virginia Beach Circuit Court Judge Lilley sentenced Gallup to 85 years in prison, all suspended except 16 years and 10 months to serve.
Gallup’s sentence for these charges is to run concurrently with a five-year prison sentence in Suffolk for similar charges involving the same victim.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- One person rushed to hospital after double shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'