Suffolk man arrested for sexual assault incidents in 1970s, 1980s
A former Virginia Beach man was arrested in connection with sexual assault incidents that occurred in the mid-1970s and mid-1980s.
Virginia Beach Police say the victim contacted them on May 7th to report he had been sexually abused by the suspect numerous times.
A Special Victims Detective was contacted and a joint investigation began with the Suffolk Police Department.
Robert Vance Gallup, 60, of Suffolk, was arrested May 8th and charged with three counts of forcible sodomy, three counts of taking indecent liberties with a child, and three counts of aggravated sexual battery.
He remains at the Western Tidewater Regional Jail without bond.
The case remains under investigation and Special Victims Unit detectives believe there may be additional victims.
Anyone with information about the case or who may have been a victim are asked to call the Detective Bureau at 757-835-4101 and speak with a Special Victims Unit Detective.
Several agencies participated in the arrest including the Virginia State Police, United States Marshall’s Office, the Prince George County Police Department, the Sussex County Sheriff’s Office and the staff at the Western Tidewater Regional Jail.
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Dominion Blvd. emergency closure in place
- Police investigating after man claiming workers' comp treated day before for sports injury