The Good News: 350 kids get new school supplies in South Norfolk
Chesapeake, Va. (WTKR) – Hundreds of kids in the South Norfolk community will be heading back to class with new supplies this year.
Nischelle Buffalow and her family took action and got results by organizing a school supply drive to equip kids with the supplies and backpacks they needed to be successful in the classroom.
In the third year of the drive, the Buffalow’s set a goal of collecting enough supplies for 300 kids.
That goal was surpassed, with enough backpacks and supplies generated for 350 kids during the give-away on Saturday which included live music and food.
Buffalow is a familiar name to NewsChannel 3 – Nischelle Buffalow is a People Taking Action Award recipient for her work on the Warm and Fuzzy Coat and Sock Drive.
NewsChannel 3 provided Buffalow with a $1000 shopping trip last winter to purchase coats and socks for the needy in her South Norfolk Community.
The Buffalow’s also organize an annual Thanksgiving dinner open to all on the holiday.
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- Woman's body found on Yorktown Beach
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million