NewsChannel 3 takes organizer of ‘Warm and Fuzzy Coats and Socks Drive’ shopping for needy kids
On Tuesday, NewsChannel 3 honored Nischelle Buffalow with a People Taking Action Award.
On Thanksgiving, the Buffalow Family opened their hearts and South Norfolk home to anyone in need with a huge home-cooked meal and a clothing drive.
You can see NewsChannel 3′s coverage of the Thanksgiving Day event here.
One thing Buffalow noticed was that the kids who took advantage of the clothing drive were in need of socks and coats.
So she decided to Take Action and organize the Warm and Fuzzy Coats and Socks Drive to collect enough to clothe 100 kids in need in South Norfolk this Christmas.
That’s in addition to the food baskets that the family was already planning on giving out.
On Tuesday, NewsChannel 3 had two surprises for Nischelle Buffalow.
The first: a People Taking Action Award along with a $100 VISA Gift Card from our community partners at Southern Bank.
The second was a $1,000 grant and shopping trip to Target to buy socks and coats for the drive.
“I’m just overwhelmed and I can’t thank you enough for thinking about us for this Christmas,” Buffalow said. “Warm and Fuzzy – our first Christmas drive – and the kids will be thankful for you as well.”
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales