Attorney general files paperwork to lift stay in Montgomery case
An innocent man is closer to having his name cleared once and for all.
Tonight, Virginia’s attorney general filed paperwork lifting the stay in the Johnathan Montgomery actual innocence case.
Now he’s asking the Virginia court of appeals to hurry and make the decision.
This comes after Elizabeth Coast was sentenced this week for perjury.
Coast lied and said Montgomery sexually abused her, according to officials.
She was sentenced to 60 days in jail.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Man struck and killed by truck in Newport News; driver arrested