Elizabeth Coast to serve two months for committing perjury
Elizabeth Coast will serve two months in jail for committing perjury after lying about a sexual assault from Jonathan Montgomery.
The Commonwealth Attorney wanted Coast to serve four years, the same amount of time Montgomery had served.
Coast cried repeatedly during her sentencing hearing and her lawyer tried to portray her as a naive, then 17-year-old who feared her parents.
Coast says she never thought the lie would hurt Montgomery, and only said it was him because he had moved out of the area.
Coast has to pay $90,000 in restitution to Montgomery. The now 23-year-old will be locked up every weekend for the next seven months.
Coast says, “I never forgot, I never forgot about Jonathan. It wrecked my life.”
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen